I’m typically pretty brand loyal to Apple and have used their keyboard for the past few years. I work from my Macbook Pro but like a separate keyboard and mouse to give me space and I like the number pad on the side. The Apple keyboard I was using had a cord and I was fine with that because the wireless one doesn’t have my number pad included. Somehow my sweet little toddler did mine in recently. The numbers were all sticking and not working properly, which was pretty much making me crazy!
So I started to search on Amazon and came across this one from Logitech. I was a little hesitant because I didn’t know how reliable a solar powered device would be. When I think of solar power I think of sun, and I’m not working outside lots this winter. Apparently it can be charged from any type of light though, including indoor, and I’ve had no issues with staying powered. It is fast, stays charged and lightweight. I’m so pleased and feel so green using solar.
Here’s the full list of features:
- Solar-powered keyboard: No battery hassles – any light source keeps your keyboard charged for at least three months in total darkness
- Only 1/3-inch thick: Ultra-thin design adds sleek style to your workspace
- Familiar Mac layout: All the keys you’re used to, plus a Launchpad hot key, are exactly where you expect them
- Feel-good typing: Logitech-only concave key cap design for faster, quieter, more comfortable typing
- Tiny Logitech Unifying receiver: Stays in your laptop and connects additional compatible wireless devices